Cholesterol is an essential component of our cell membranes. So regardless of the dangers of cholesterol, it is also essential for life.
However, when its amount in the blood is high, it increases the risk of heart disease. According to data from the World Health Organization (WHO), more than 2 million people die every year from high cholesterol levels.
That’s why, given the fine line between cholesterol need and risk, it’s no surprise that misinformation about cholesterol is common in our society. About which the following points will be presented.
1) All types of cholesterol are harmful
High-density lipoprotein (HDL) is also called good cholesterol, because it carries cholesterol back to the liver. Once there, cholesterol is eliminated from the body, reducing cardiovascular risk.
2) Can’t eat too much cholesterol at a healthy weight
3) Eating high cholesterol food will cause negative symptoms
4) Eating foods high in cholesterol will increase the level of cholesterol in the body
5) Everyone needs to maintain the same cholesterol level
Each person’s target cholesterol level is different because cholesterol levels are based on whether you have a history of certain diseases, such as heart attack and stroke, or whether you are at risk for problems such as age. are based on factors and whether you have high blood pressure etc.
6) Only men need to worry about cholesterol levels
7) Cholesterol level cannot be controlled
In addition to taking medications to lower your cholesterol, you can easily keep your cholesterol levels at a healthy level by maintaining a healthy weight, eating the right foods, exercising, and not smoking.
8) Cholesterol levels are not required to be checked below the age of 40 years